Family Support: I’m So Fortunate

I am very fortunate to have a family who supports me in everything I choose to do.  When I was younger I would change what I wanted to be when I grow up about every week.  I wanted to be a ballerina so I started dancing when I was 3; I wanted to be a musician, so my parents let me do orchestra; I wanted to be an actress, so my parents signed me up for theater and acting classes… and so on. I basically did every activity and every sport too.

I started off wanting to be a designer when I was 11 but I realized that there was more opportunities in the industry than just that which helped me to realize that styling was what I was born to do.  FIT Precollege classes was actually my sister’s idea.  She is in her last year at Parsons The New School for computer graphics modeling and said the Precollege program she took there gave her the skills to have an advantage in college.  If it wasn’t for my big sister’s support, all the amazing experiences and knowledge I have gained at FIT for the past year would never have happened.  So I really owe everything I have accomplished to this day to  my entire family for encouraging me to try new things and strive to be the best that I can be.

xoxo,

Mary