Inspiration. Education. Diversity. – My FIT Routine.

Whats NOT to do in NYC? From restaurants, to shopping, to cafes, your options are limitless. Not only are their places for inspiration for your artwork, but you get to absorb so much culture in NYC just by walking the streets.

During my breaks at FIT, I usually get coffee at FIT’s cafe, right next to the art supply store (THEY HAVE EVERYTHING IN THERE, CHECK IT OUT!). Their caramel macchiato’s are to DIE for, and the variety of muffins are endless.

For lunch, I like to eat at FIT’s cafeteria, or I like to wander off and go to whole foods or even subway which is just a block away from the FIT campus. The prices at FIT’s cafeteria are unbelievably cheap, you get a ton of food for under 5 dollars. Also, you get to be around college students, and you really get the feeling like your in college with them. Although, being up and about in NYC and trying different cafes and restaurants really helps you absorb the NYC atmosphere; the cafeteria just gives you a different atmosphere to absorb. It really depends on what “feeling” you want to get throughout your travels.

Once class is over, I usually stop at the closest H&M store and buy something, or just to see whats new in their stores. I get a sense of whats in and out in the ready to wear industry by visiting H&M, and I get to see what the consumers are wearing. Its hard to just go to H&M without buying anything though. So my trips there have been cut down a bit, as I don’t want to be broke.

Inspiration. Education. Diversity. The three words that describe NYC, and my routine as a FIT Precollege student.

Christian