Feels Like Coming Home

KarlieI could not wait to start my precollege classes again. The only thing negative about it was that I wasn’t able to take 2 classes and there are so many choices! I decided on the portfolio class: I plan on applying to FIT this year, so it will really help a lot. I missed the first class, but was more than prepared for the second. The morning was a little rough, getting up so early, packing, and lugging all of my supplies onto the train and then the subway. But I loved being back into my old routine… getting my Venti Awake, and then my bagel from the Hot & Crusty in Grand Central.

The morning went smoother than any other. I have a professor that i’ve had before for Advanced Fashion Art, Professor Giardina. She’s one of my favorites, incredibly nice but still willing to critique your work so you get the most out of the class. I had taken Costume and Couture Rendering over the Summer, which was by far my favorite class and really improved my skills, but I was a little rusty. We started off practicing our croquis, or fashion figures, and my teacher explained our first project. We’re doing the same assignment required to apply to FIT. We’re creating a weekend travel collection, with 2 tops, 2 bottoms, and 1 jacket that should be interchangeable, versatile, and realistic to our customers needs. Like always, ideas swirled through my head.

On our break from class, I went down to the art supply store and grabbed a couple markers. The books there look great and I’m trying to save up for a few. After class, I went to get lunch from my favorite pizza place across the street and then headed home, already excited to get working on my project!

Karlie