Introducing New Precollege Blogger – Alexandria

Hey everyone! My name is Alexandria, I’m a first time Precollege student at F.I.T.! I’m very excited to be a part of the Interior Design program this fall, it’s a great way to kick off my senior year! My dream is to pursue a career in interior design (Of course at FIT!) and one day own my a firm.

I live on Staten Island so I’m very lucky to be just a ferry ride away from the school. Some people call Staten Island the “Forgotten Borough” but I love living so close to the city and still having that suburban, small town feel.

Other than furniture, fabrics and spacing some of passions include pageantry, cheerleading and writing. I’ve been doing pageants for about a year now, I’ve competed in Miss New York USA and placed 8th nationally in the Miss Earth United States pageant. I absolutely love writing, it has always been an outlet for me. I was excited to hear that F.I.T. provides Precollege students with a blog to share their experiences. I’m looking forward to meeting new friends and spending my Saturdays in the Design Building. 🙂

Alexandria

3 responses to “Introducing New Precollege Blogger – Alexandria”

1. Myra Avatar
    Myra

Hey alexandria, ive been reading your blog for quite some time now. and you paint such a clear picture for people like me who dream to come to fit someday. Im hoping to get admission into the a.a.s interior design program. Ive completed a 3 year long diploma in Interior design from a reputable university in malaysia. ive also worked for 4 months at a dutch interior design firm in malaysia.
    my gpa isnt so high but my portfolio is reli great. my gpa is RIGHTT under 3. hence im very scared. my work is amazing. i would really appreciate if you could tell me if i would be able to get into f.i.t ‘s aas interior design program with these things. ive searched everywhere but always end up finding fashion design students.
    thankyou!

2. Brian Avatar
    Brian

Hi Myra, for information on being admitted to FIT, you should contact Admissions directly at [email protected] or 212.217.3760. Their office can assist you with all of your questions.

3. Myra Avatar
    Myra

thanks brian. i will 🙂