Until we meet again FIT!

Awesome. Inspiring. Fun. That describes my semester at FIT in just a few words.

This class made me realize just how much 3 weeks can improve your all over work. I started some new graphic design projects and knowing what you’re doing with type makes all the difference! It was strange leaving class and knowing the next time I will be in room D522 is when I am a  college student! I will also miss seeing all my classmates a lot!

Coming back to FIT for a third time made me realize how much I want to go to school here. FIT will give me all the skills and tools I need to be a successful graphic designer. I hope to get into FIT because it’s been a pretty prominent part of my education since 2009! I’ve learned so much in Preollege, just imagine what I will do as a full time student! The work I’ve seen college students do is amazing, and it is my goal to make work just as great! To me, FIT represents a place where creative people can do what they love and achieve their goals as artists.  I want to major in graphic design but I want to focus on a language, Italian, because I want to travel and do design work all in Italy. FIT also offers some great study abroad programs. The ones in England look amazing! I’ve always wanted to travel there. Also, FIT’s location would give me some great industry opportunities… but just being in New York is inspiring on it’s own.

When I graduate, I want to work for a creative firm before I start my own. Experiencing how the industry works in Europe is also on my list of things to do post college. I want to learn about the industry first before throwing myself into a business I know nothing about! It will definitely be a challenge, but when you do something you love, you will become a great success!

If you’re reading this and are thinking about or are unsure about attending Summer/Saturday Live, I say GO FOR IT! It is an amazing experience. You will meet people just like you and get to learn in a amazing school and be taught by some of the best in the industry. It will be something you will never forget!

Before I say my final goodbye, I want to thank FIT for choosing me to blog for Summer Live, it was an awesome oppertunity! Also, a massive thank you to everyone who read my blog! I hope you enjoyed my posts!

Best of luck to everyone!

Victoria