Progression – Final Project

The drawing board, my draft came along way

My Completed Final Project

The time came for me to take on the hot glue gun once again, pullout a few tricks I learned in my school art class, and dare to do something so different, I didn’t think it was possible to create.  Having a vision inspired by a 2 Dimensional art project, I made in school while experimenting with vanishing points, I decide to make this runway 3D while keeping the self drawn seats (which I’m very proud of considering it’s a big step up from my usual stick figure drawings) flat, but making them shine a bit with the help of glitter glue.

Sticking with my Alexa Chung inspired celebrity style board, our final task was to imagine we are presenting an idea for a fashion photo shoot.  As a huge Vogue fan who reads the magazine every month cover-to-cover, I over course imagined that I was presenting this board to Anna Wintour herself, which urged me to take complete advantage of the 3 days and work incredibly hard on this final project.

I like to leave a great last impression, so with that in mind, I thought I would take a few pages from Vogue magazine and give the class a bit of a history lesson.  If you didn’t already notice, Alexa Chung is not the only notable style icon on my board, aside from the other brunette beauties (the models), Jane Birkin joins Alexa as the ultimate fashion icon, during her 1970’s glory days.  After reviewing Alexa’s style I thought Jane was the perfect women to compare her too.  Their street style amazed me the most, so placing them in Paris during fashion week, I, “the editor” compared how both Birkin and Chung took fashion week by storm during their completely different generations.

Incorporating Vogue’s “Flash” section as well, a “Vogue photographer” followed around Chung during the spring shows and took a number of photos to compare to Birkin.  After 3 weeks in class, it’s safe to say I progressed a great amount.  The little tips my professor gave me popped in my head throughout the whole creation, and reflected in my board tremendously. even though class has sadly come to an end, I will continue to make a few style boards for fun, maybe even in a few years for my profession.

Amira