As Class Comes to a Close…

Hello Everyone!

As Summer Live drew to a close, Final Projects were the central focus. For my class, Anatomy of Fashion, the final project consists of two parts. The first part is a design journal. I have been working on my design journal throughout the three weeks. It contains designs of my own, magazine collages, client pages, mood pages, inspiration, and much more. All of this shows who we are as a designer. Also, it contains collages showing A-Z designers, one for each letter. This has been a very fun project since I love collaging. At first, it seemed like an intimidating task to fill up the whole journal, but I worked on it steadily and eventually finished it.

The second part of our project is a poster about a designer we were assigned to. My designer is Azzedine Alaia. The poster has to show what the designer is all about. The passage on my poster reads: “The Tunisian born fashion designer began studying sculpture at a young age and after graduating became a dressmaker’s assistant. He worked in Paris for multiple different fashion designers including Christian Dior, Guy Laroche, and Thierry Mugler.  In the late 1970s he began his own atelier and dressed many private clients including celebrities. Soon, his designs began to be sold in New York and Beverly Hills, and he eventually opened his own stores there and also in Paris. He began working with Prada in the early 2000s. He is known for being ‘The King of Cling’ and also for his shoe line. He is admired for his independence, freedom, and discreet luxury.  Some of his celebrity clients include Grace Jones, Tina Turner, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Shakira, and Naomi Campbell.”

When going about final projects, its always best to start working on them ASAP, even though procrastinating may seem appealing at the time.

I’m looking forward to the last day of class tomorrow, we are going to present our posters and share our design journals with the class, we will be having a fun party with food and music, as well. Even though I am sad that tomorrow is the last day, I know I will have a fun and exciting final day.

What kind of final projects were assigned in your class? Are you doing anything special for the last day??

Justine