Planning For The Future

All  I can say is…wow. We’re in our last week! Let’s make the most of it shall we?

I will be applying to FIT in the fall. Along with your college essay is your portfolio, if you are going into an art major like myself. It’s not an easy task I can tell you that! Even though I am applying into the Communication Design major, I do fine art as well, so I’m including that work in my portfolio too! FIT played a big part in preparing me for this process. From the 3 Summer and Saturday live classes I’ve taken, I have so many refined and great pieces I can send to colleges. A word of advice everyone, ask people for their opinion on certain pieces, ESPECIALLY your teachers at FIT and school. It helps narrow down your final choices and most people will give you honest opinions.

FIT is my dream school. I’ve wanted to go here since my guidance counselor showed me the school and once I visited the campus, I fell in love! The people, teachers, and the vibe is just amazing. I’ve been to other college campuses and they just weren’t the same. FIT is a place where anyone can just be themselves and do what they want to do artistically and fashionably!

After completing my associates in Communication Design, I want to get my bachelors in Graphic Design and minor in Italian or Art History. I also want to do a study abroad program in England at FIT! It sounds like a great experience! After college I want to either do freelance graphic design or start my own creative firm.

I am SO happy I took the typography class. I know it’s helping me with my graphic design work, and it’s given me the opportunity to work with just type!  This Monday we started a project that made us use two letters and combine them in an attractive way to make a design. It was pretty cool to see how many different things you can do with letters. For our final project we have to take photos of typography in everyday life and display them in a creative way. I have a few ideas in mind!

I can honestly say I will miss my summer live class. My professor is great and so is everyone in my class!

Good luck and work hard on your final projects! (Trust me, it’s so worth it!)

Victoria