What a great first day…….

When I arrived to NYC on Sunday, I noticed that FIT was 20 blocks away from my apartment!! And actually, I’m not used to walking. But all around me, NY got my attention – those amazing buildings, colors and people helped me enjoy and forget that I was walking for so long.

This first day was so good! The school is much bigger than I thought, so at first I got kind of lost and I couldn’t find my classroom. But then some nice girls helped me to find it. The classes were exactly what I expected. My first class was HAR 016 – Fashion Art for Fashion Designers, where I learned the correct proportions for fashion sketches. Everyone was really nice when I told them that I was from México. I was not the only international student in class –  there was another boy, Rodrigo,  from Venezuela. My professor  was very nice and kind. She  actually helped us buy our supplies for the class.

My second class was HAC 063-Careers in Advertising and Marketing Communications. This class was more theoretical than the first one but very interesting as well and also exactly what I was expecting. The professor’s examples were based on his personal experience in the fashion industry.

The school atmosphere is nice, don’t you think? During our lunch break, I hung out with friends and ate a slice of delicious pizza from Rosa’s, right across the street from the D Building. I also enjoy watching other FIT students yesterday. I found some of their outfits so original, don’t you agree?  I wore something simple – a crochet white t- shirt and a green skirt.

So how was your first day?

Ximena

,

4 responses to “What a great first day…….”

1. Valerie Avatar

hope u’ll have a great time!i really miss everything there when i took the program last summer!xxx

2. Brianna Avatar

My first day of school was awesome as well! My first period teacher was such a bubbly character that I knew our time together would be fun-filled. The class is called illustration for fashion designers(I think) and I immediately saw my drawings dramatically improve. In my second class the business of fashion, we learned alot about textiles. My first day of school was wonderful and very similar to that of Ximena! <3

3. Brianna Avatar

My first day of school was awesome as well! My first period teacher was such a bubbly character that I knew our time together would be fun-filled. The class is called illustration for fashion designers(I think) and I immediately saw my drawings dramatically improve. In my second class the business of fashion, we learned alot about textiles. My first day of school was wonderful and very similar to that of Ximena!

4. Eddie Perez Avatar
    Eddie Perez

Awesome picture and i hardly can imagine what it feel i can´t wait to do so, in a couple of weeks when i would fly to firenze to my first year in polimoda and extension of FIT and then NY for my 2nd year it would by amazing a dream come true for R.E.A.L. so i hope you have an incredible experience in this program and your soon acceptance to college i can asure you it would be in your favor… best wishes…!!!

And btw amazing picture you look so gorgeous i remember the open trailer of tv series Felicity… jajaja… xoxo… ñ.ñ