Specifically Speaking Gaga, Parker, Prada, Wintour

Running full speed from my house-to the-train station in order to make my train and arrive at a decent time for my first day of class, was all worth it in the end.  Timing is everything while participating in one of the Precollege classes, in addition to first impressions, being 5 minutes late could have you miss important information, or force you to miss meeting that new friend while on line waiting for an ID card.  Not one to be punctual, my early arrival today gave me the chance to meet a new friend, we spoke Givenchy and Mugler and Prada for 10 minutes.  We also expressed our love for Jeffrey Campbell shoes; elaborating on our favorite pairs with specific detail, all the way down to the silver thumb tacked wedges.  Exchanging numbers by the time our photos were snapped, I had started my first day off well.

While running into old classmates and hometown friends, I still managed to find my way to class at a decent time.  Sitting in the front row, I was eager to find out what was our first topic of discussion.  After listening to the, well let just say long winded introduction, the real fun began.  My professor was high spirited and fun, knowing just what to do and say if he felt the class’s attention wasn’t completely his.  He talked-mostly-of the celebrities and socialites of the industry; we all spoke Gaga, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Blake Lively-I also spoke, Grace Coddington, Anna Wintour, Shala Monroque, and Isabella Blow.  These celebs are sure to be featured on the three style boards, which are to be completed by the end of the course.  My celeb is Shala Monroque, having not completely reached stardom outside of the fashion industry, I’m taking a risk by doing someone who has yet to reach her full potential or reach full fledged stardom-yet she is a style icon nonetheless.   As a completely obsessed fan of Monroque’s I couldn’t imagine doing a style board on anyone else, her star qualities are hard to overlook.

Helpful Hint- TALK!  The only way to make new friends is to speak up and show that your friendly.  I chatted with tons of new people today, try and notice what someone else is wearing, a compliment is always a nice conversation starter.

Amira

Shala Monroque

Editor, Socialite, Style Icon and inspiration for my 3 style boards

My First Day of Class Outfit

One response to “Specifically Speaking Gaga, Parker, Prada, Wintour”

1. […] you’d read my first post about my project you may have noticed I changed my celebrity to a more distinguished and well known […]