Class Withdrawal Symptoms

If you’re constantly doodling, if you’re making lists of ideas for inspiration, if you’re yearning to get back to the city… you are having serious withdrawals from your Precollege classes. Last week in class, I finished making my flounce skirt (which I wore to school today) and I’m starting a new project in my drawing class. Our assignment is to create 3 evening outfits inspired by anything that isn’t actually a piece of clothing.

Like any designer, my ideas are never ending. I have so many things to create collections inspired by that I had to make a list! At first, I wanted to do European architecture, but then I saw a picture of a motorcycle… now I’m deciding between natural disasters and soap suds! I’ll have to do them all eventually. I’m super excited, and since this is our last project, I’m going to work really hard on it. Any critique I get back is important, because my portfolio could always use work.

In my sewing class, I’m starting a mini dress. I picked out a floral, blue cotton fabric, and I already know exactly which belt to cinch it with when I’m done! Unfortunately, sewing is in the afternoon and I have to miss next class for my Junior Prom (I’m on the prom committee, no excuses for me.)

I’m very sad for classes to end. I’m even going to take my sewing club to FIT shortly after to visit the museum! I’m also hoping to go to the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met. I want to take the Forecasting Fashion Trends workshop this summer. I originally wasn’t planning on taking a class, but I don’t think I can last until the Fall; I plan to register for the portfolio class. I can’t take a regular class over the Summer, but my mom booked our vacation -_- Hopefully I’ll get some interning in!

If you’re going to miss my blog, follow me on Tumblr! I mostly post pictures but if you request any writing entries from me, I’d be glad to write them!

Karlie