Royal Distractions

SHE WORE MCQUEEN!!!!!!! FJKLAGHOIAGAOLJFKLAYFA8OFH!

I’m sorry, I needed to get that out of my system. I’m writing this on the day of the Royal Wedding, which I wasn’t even that excited about until I saw the dress. I’m a diehard Alexander McQueen fan, and I love how Sarah Burton has been carrying on his legacy, and especially how she designed (HRH, Duchess of Cambridge) Kate Middleton’s wedding dress. That dress sent me into a flurry of royal excitement! I’ve been Googling the royal family for the past hour because I’m a history nerd, when I really should have been doing homework or writing this post.

Which brings me to this week’s topic: time management. As you might have noticed, I am very easily distracted. Especially by shiny things. This can often mess up my schedule because I can spend hours and hours on the computer looking at shoes (Style.com’s new accessories library is extremely addictive). So, yeah, maybe my homework doesn’t get done or I forget to do some chores, but I always make time for the really important things like FIT.

My schedule isn’t super busy: I play golf in the spring, I altar serve at my church, I’m on the staff of my school’s literary magazine, and I’m taking AP US History (my exam is this Friday AH!). I manage pretty well with everything, so FIT fits in my schedule quite nicely. The only time it’s conflicted was when I took the SATs, but I only missed the second class so I didn’t miss that much information. Though, I still wished I was at FIT instead of being stuck in a random classroom with a noisy radiator. 🙁

I’m glad a took a morning class of Saturday because it leaves the rest of the day to get schoolwork done (or I can just go shopping in the city). I have to write two papers for my fashion merchandising class, and one has already been handed in. I’ll admit it, I kind of procrastinated and ended up doing it last minute but that was only because I had had an unusually busy week. I’m going to start my next project soon so I have plenty of time to get it done.

Taking a Precollege course can add a little extra stress into your schedule, but it’s so worth it. You learn so much more than you do in school (in my opinion anyway), and you love every minute of it! And even if you’re as easily distracted as I am, balancing school, sports, and FIT can be done! I’m off to Google more royals, see you next week!

Erin