What To Do With What You Know

It’s spring break!  You know what that means!  Don’t you?  Just in case you don’t know, let me be the first to tell you; it’s the next best thing after birthdays, holidays, Marc Jacobs spring collection, my new lace frilly Urban Outfitters socks, and my FIT class.  The one bad thing about spring break is that I don’t have class Saturday, which is kind of upsetting, but that sure won’t keep me out of the city.

With all the material and knowledge that I have received over the past couple of weeks and with no projects due for class, I must find somewhere other than my personal blog to share my creative outlook on the fashion industry.  When I shop I will not only buy for the physical appearance, but I will buy based on the fabric’s texture, cut, smell, and even how an item sounds (while moving).  My professor always tells us to shop for quality and to use all of our senses while shopping.   Putting myself to the test while still leaving time to have fun, I made a list of all of the things that I want to accomplish during my break, fashion related and non-fashion related.

Spring Break to Do List

• Roller skate around my town all week
  • Soho shopping (ohh how I love SS time)
  • Explore new vintage stores
  • Visit 2 different Buffalo Exchange stores in two different states in the same week
  • Visit the costume museum at the MET
  • Take a million and one pictures (maybe a million and two)
  • Read (and actually finish) a book
  • Hangout with a friend from my FIT class
  • Use my new resume I made in class for job opportunities
  • Buy a bow tie (so Janelle Monae, I know)
  • Hang out in North Carolina with my long lost best friend
  • Party! (responsibly of course)
  • Find a perfect pair of platform shoes
  • Blog everyday (www.bobbieaustinscloset.blogspot.com)
  • Watch the sun set
  • Find that perfect lipstick that matches with my perfect nail color (I must find first)
  • Make my first blog video for my You Tube page
  • Learn how to cope with the fact I don’t have class this week

Amira

One response to “What To Do With What You Know”

1. Raphael Avatar

I totally agree with your professor : always use all of your senses while shopping. This is a nice way to explain that you should focus on quality.
    Good luck with your to do list 🙂