We had a wonderful F2F on tuesday. The topic was collaborative tools and we (collaboratively, of course!)
decided to pick one new toy/tool to learn about this summer, and blog about it. My tool will be diigo – a centralized location for bookmarks, notes, etc that can be accessed from anywhere. more about this when I learn more……
Is there a tool you want to learn about and blog about? join the conversation!
As usual, this weekend I was careening around the web, and reading about education. I was looking at my colleague, Alexandra Pickett’s blog.
What tools would you like to explore this summer?
http://etap687.edublogs.org and reading about her top 10 cool tools!
Here is my “Top 10″ list for 2011:
- jumpscan – qrcode generator creates a smartphone scan-able code to quickly and easily share contact info., social media, website, and email address.
- quora – Social Q&A. you can follow not only people, but topics and questions.
- ipad – The iPad is the first tablet computer developed by Apple Inc. Announced on January 27, 2010, it is part of a device category between a smartphone and a laptop computer.
- amplify – Amplify gives an easy way to clip, share and spark conversation around articles, blog posts or anything else you read on the web.
- audioboo – a mobile & web platform that allows you to record and upload audio.
- voki – create personalized speaking avatars and use them on your blog, profile, and in email messages.
- diigo – social bookmarking tool.
- ning – a social network platform that i used to create : http://slnfacultyonline.ning.com/ – JOIN!
- youtube – watch and share originally-created videos & .vyou – broadcast video structured as conversations.
- glogster – multimedia online posters.
did not quite make the list, but still very cool: