Check out some of these cool projects and happenings:
TRIANGLE FACTORY FIRE QUILT
Last summer, the students of the MFA in Illustration program, in collaboration with the American History Department at FIT and the Triangle Factory Fire Coalition, mounted an exhibition of visual narratives of that dreadful day, Triangle Factory Fire: Then, Since, Now. The show welcomed hundreds of visitors to the Museum at FIT, amongst them,
Robin Berson, who invited our students to contribute their images to a memorial quilt
that she was creating. That quilt is now finished.
The images of Donna Choi, Genevieve Hitchings and Jennifer Merz
have all been incorporated into the quilt.
The quilt is can be seen in several venues:
• The Eldridge Street Synagogue, March 10-17, 2013
• UFT poster, distributed to NYC public schools.
• Museum of the City of New York,Clara Lemlich Awards dinner
• NYU, Triangle Factory Fire Ceremonies, Asch Building, Wed. March 20
• Tenement Museum, NYC, March 27
• Kevin Baker, author, Dreamland, Paradise Alley, lecture
• William Paterson University, May, 2013, Paterson Silk Strike panel discussion.
MARGO DABAIE SERVES ON JURY FOR SVA BFA SCHOLARSHIP
Sam Kalda, MFA ’14, has been accepted into SILA: Society of Illustrators West. His illustration of Edward Gorey was designed and illustrated right here on campus in Monika Maniecki’s class. AND…Sam is a semi-finalist for the Illustrative Prize. Sam is heading to the festival opening in Berlin on May 30th. We are hoping to hear good news for you, Sam!