The New Black to Menswear

By Jove: The Biz Buzz

Aha weekly tidbits for the HT Insider

Well, just when we thought the “new black” was going from grey to pink – news has it that new black is ….BLACK.  Of course for those of you haven’t noticed, black actually is the color of choice at FIT with both students and faculty.  I guess it must be that urban thing but I know I stand in front of a rack, and see all sorts of colors.  What do I buy?  The black. How about you?

WSJ Magazine, December 2013/January 2014. Check out this super layout.

Speaking of the WSJ, there was a great article last weekend on the surge in the men’s footwear business. Almost 2 full pages devoted to styles, care, shopping habits, etc. In fact, according to the Journal, men are starting to outpace women in building a full shoe wardrobe.  This is no surprise to us as the real excitement in the market both wholesale and retail right now is men’s.  If you haven’t checked out the re-done menswear floors at Lord where it is  calm and well edited with  great values.  Go to the 9th and 10th floor and you will a full selection for all the men in your life, plus if you are a younger guy, there is lots of stuff for you.  I promise.  Don’t forget that HT is offering more and more menswear related  courses these days and all of Spring is now available on line.

If you haven’t had a chance to see the current HUE, the FIT alumni magazine there is a wonderful extensive article on tattoos that really connects with a post I made quite a while ago that we still get comments on.  Check it out.

Looking for that last minute gift? How about a HOT TOPICS course?  Gift Certificates are available.  Go to D130, open through Friday afternoon at 5:30pm or