Be mindful of the triple C’s at all times:
Your Company, Your Customer and Your Competition.
It’s important to have a 360 view of your business universe so that you are prepared to never be caught by surprise and never miss an opportunity. At the point where the three overlap, you’re in the zone.
· You’re focused on their needs and wants
· At the same time, you’re keeping up with the trends, not just current, but anticipating and maybe even creating future ones
· You’re always staying in touch with them
· Where are they weak
· Where are they vulnerable
· What aren’t they doing that you can do
· What are they doing that you can do better
· What skills do you have in house – are you maximizing them
· What are your assets (especially intellectual property and capital – this means your employees)
· What kind of culture have you created that everyone lives in – internally and externally
For more on the subject, check out some strategic insight offered by the Harvard Review