If you are writing the snappy stuff of Hot Topics Insider – or if you’re the casual reader – you just may want to know how to use WordPress.
WordPress is about as hot as a summer sun gets when it comes to Content Management Systems for web sites. And it happens to be what is used to make and manage the pages here on Hot Topics Insider.
On July 28th at 7PM I’ll be doing a one hour webinar. Here’s a little video of just a few of things I will be demonstrating.
Here’s What You’ll Be Learning In The Webinar
- What the difference is between a web site on wordpress.com and a self-hosted WordPress site.
- How to create and manage pages and posts – and the difference between the two.
- How to use and work with sidebar widgets.
- Where the style comes from in a WordPress site.
- The power of plugins – where to find them and how to get them to work with a WordPress site.
In The Fall I’ll Be Teaching These Classes On Web Design And Development
My 3 classes stress the value of understanding and using web design standards, the way good web sites are made today.
|Title||Course No.||Starts and Meets||Time|
|Web Design:XHTML (online)||CTD 600 OL1||Aug 29 – Oct 2||n/a|
|WebDesign: XHTML (online)||CTD 600 OL2||Oct 10 – Nov 6||n/a|
|Web Design: CSS||CTD 605 55A||Oct 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov 2, 9||6:20 – 9:10|
|Web Design: CSS||CTD 606 55B||Nov 5, 12, 19||10AM – 5PM|
|WordPress For Beginners||CTD 613 55A||Nov 3, 10, 16, 17||6:20 – 9:10|