This one’s a layup.
I will be teaching (CTD 605) Web Design: CSS (that’s Cascading Style Sheets) on campus starting Tuesday, June, 21 from 6:20 to 9:10. The class meets for six consecutive Tuesdays and it’s not just useful — it’s too much fun!!
If you know a little XHTML (HTML is fine too) then you are good for this class but don’t take it unless you have some comfort with that.
The course is required if you are working on a Web Design Certificate through The Enterprise Center. Heck, I think it should be required if all you do is surf the web. it’s that important.
CSS is all about a web page’s style, layout and typography. CSS is about making great web sites!!
Just A Few Things You Will Learn
* Layout pages without tables (Yippee!!)
* How to set font-sizes in pixels or em units
* How to create modern navigation interfaces
* How to use background images
* A quick look into the future of CSS – that’s CSS3
To get a sense of what CSS is see What Is CSS?