Fitting, Knitting, and waiting…

March 11, 2014 | By | 1 Reply More

…waiting anxiously for yet another order of yarn to arrive so that I can continue, (and for some of my classmates start) knitting our final garments.

It has been a crazy week for us knitwear students.  On wednesday we had our first model fitting which, for some went really well, and others a fiasco ( unfortunately one of our models was not quite “runway size”  so the fittings weren’t as accurate as they could have been).  Luckily, my fitting went very smoothly and I got off to a running start with my final garments!

I’m using three different methods of knitting for my collection – my hand knitting and stoll knitting are all complete – its just a matter of getting the yarn for my Brother machine (hand flat machine) and then assembling the garments. (I would show you pictures but it’s a secret until they are complete!)  Who knows – maybe I will have time to go above and beyond our required two looks!

After fitting on the models, we had a lot of alterations and adjustments to do to the patterns we made before we can knit in final yarns.  But we also had some fun trying our prototypes on for ourselves!

photo 2

photo 1photo 3

And in case you haven’t noticed yet, I will end every blog post with my cat Greyson… watching diligently as I knit away!

photo 4-1

xoxo Morgan

Comments (1)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Liana says:

Anthony, work it!! You are such a great model!