“Murder Was The Case That They Gave Me” -Snoop Dogg

April 24, 2013 | By | Reply More

Hello Fashionistas,

Last week was a big one for all of us here at F.I.T. Say it with me, “jury time”! A lot of us were working around the clock and had time for very little.

And believe it or not, some of us didn’t even make it downstairs to the Great Hall for the jury to give our garment a verdict on whether or not it will be in the show.

Where did I stand in the midst of all this beautiful chaos? Upstairs, mad salty, (insert that line from Clueless from the driver’s ed scene) but alive to see another day and continue my thesis by year’s end.

MY PERSONAL JOURNAL...

MY PERSONAL JOURNAL…

The synopsis of my collection is the exuberance, opulence, and pure sophistication of the 1920s with an emphasis on “The Great Gatsby” written by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

So far, so good with my use of the finest cottons used for high-end mens shirting such as broad cloth and Oxford, along with the proper accents such as a silk taffeta with Ascot and cummerband. It was great to communicate so closely with vendors and place orders for send outs to save time on things such as pintucks and pleating. Don’t worry I still sewed my little heart out!

SENIOR THESIS LOOK NO.1

SENIOR THESIS LOOK NO.1

I will admit that the smell of defeat has grazed my skin just as much as a bottle of Yves Saint Laurent’s L’Homme Eau de Toilette spray, but the aroma has yet to become neutral. I am not sure of the lesson learned, but I do know this much, having a complete collection means a lot to me and will be so beautiful to behold in the end.

A SNEAK PEEK AT MY ROUGH SKETCHES...

A SNEAK PEEK AT MY ROUGH SKETCHES…

While the lucky few chosen to have their garments in the “Future of Fashion” show are scurrying about doing their fittings with professional models from some of the best modeling agencies in New York, the rest of us are nearing the end of our academic careers, finishing our senior thesis, and moving on to bigger and better things. Hard work pays off and I have a lot more to do so stay tuned…

XoXo – Mark E.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,