Start of Cotton Inc. Ensemble

April 1, 2013 | By | Reply More

T-minus two weeks until pre-judging for the fashion show and we are just starting our Cotton Inc. ensembles. For those who don’t know, in order to be able to show two garments on judging day, one of our garments has to be made out of at least 60% cotton and three students in Fashion Design will win awards from Cotton Inc. for the best use of cotton. It’s going to take some late nights and all-nighters to get it done, but we’ve made it this far at FIT and by now can construct garments pretty quickly under pressure. I was only able to go to the workroom twice over spring break because I had to move into a new apartment with the help of my family (not so great timing but at least I was able to do it without having to worry about classes!). Nevertheless, I was able to drape and pattern my cotton corset and will hopefully be able to get it finished by next week! At some point this week I will post my promised update on the Intimate Apparel girls, as I’m sure we’ll be seeing a lot of each other in the next two crazy weeks!

Here’s the drape of my cotton corset:

I still have a long way to go, but graduating in two months is a great motivation. Check back soon for an update on what’s going on in C714 this week!

Tags: , , ,