Spring Break Down…

March 26, 2013 | By | Reply More

We are officially on Spring break here at F.I.T., but for some of us it is merely the spring season, and you can see how that is going. It’s all good though because many of understand that with much success comes much sacrifice. And besides, you can always take a road trip with the guys and dolls of your so called life some other time.

My apologies for playing fairy god mother and guiding you along to a path of self discovery and acceptance into the Fashion Institute of Technology. Here is what some of you have been waiting for; the thesis I have been working on. Enjoy!

My Model of Choice Miss Jaunel McKenzie

My Model of Choice Miss Jaunel McKenzie

Our critic Miss Maggie Norris, thought it best to come up with a muse for our looks. Someone whom I have had my eye on, literally, (New York is a small place at times) is model Jaunel McKenzie from Kingston, Jamaica. She embodies my brand and would really complement the soft yet sophisticated colour palette that I am using very well.

A Sketch of My First Look

A Sketch of My First Look

This is a working sketch of what my look is for one of the two fashion show garments. Think menswear inspired details like pintucks, a high pressed collar, and french cuff links. There is even a drop waist, keeping it in accordance with the 1920s.

Let me know what you think. Who your favorite models are, periods in history, etc.

XoXo – Mark

Tags: , , , , , ,