Children’s Wear Senior Class: Great Work Underway!

March 25, 2013 | By | Reply More

Jihaeng’s ruffle jacket sleeves and leggings!

My fellow Children’s Wear designers and I have been hard at work on our garments for the upcoming show.

We have lots of variety of styles and themes in class, from Baroque, Pop Cute, Vintage, Preppy, Urban, Grunge, the list goes on. We all have very different styles and ways of interpreting our themes.

Me and a couple of my classmates are doing our own takes on the Baroque theme, a popular trend for the season. But I bet in the end we will all have very different looking garments. Our color stories vary, but the three of us collectively, if we get into the show, should look really great coming down the runway together I’m certain.

Here’s a preview of some of our themes.

My Baroque theme.

Jen’s similar theme, but we will definitely yield different results. We joke that our looks could be best friends (just as we are!)

But as I said, we’re all doing a great variety of things in our small group of about a dozen students. This past week I took some photos of our current progress! It’s really coming along nicely for us and our professors are quite impressed with our work.

Jihaeng’s jacket progress.

Ivy’s pants coming along.

Helen’s handwork for her dress, looking absolutely beautiful!

Jen’s cape prepped for her black lace applique.

Jen’s coordinating blouse and pants. The toile print is so lovely and fits the Baroque theme nicely.

My dress progress, it look so much prettier in person!

Spring Break is this week, and while many students in other colleges head off for some fun, most of my fellow design students will be sticking around to sew our butts off! This is valuable time for us to get ahead and avoid headaches last minute. I for one will be taking advantage of this time, no doubt about that!

My plan is to have my dress fully complete minus hem and finishing (that will be saved for the final fitting).

Look forward to seeing some serious progress from us next week!

Tags: , , ,