And in the Final Hours… She slept.

April 11, 2011 | By | Reply More

Come one, come all, D-Day has arrived!  In a mere 11 hours, we will be completely done with our ensembles for the fashion show and en route to the nearest bar to celebrate.  This experience has truly brought us together not only as classmates, but also as drinking buddies.  I haven’t been to a bar since at least February, and am happy to say that comes to an end tomorrow!  There are many last minute details happening in the work room, but by 2 pm tomorrow there will be 34 completed garments in room C714… I hope. For those who have been following my progress from the beginning, I am including a video of my finished first and second ensembles.  We joke that one is the modern bride, and the other is the 1800’s bride. I’m sure you’ll be able to tell which is which.  For the world to see, here are the ensembles that have captured my creativity, tears, sweat, ambitions, and probably a small part of my soul.  Enjoy.

embedded by Embedded Video

YouTube Direkt

In my four years at FIT, it has been a rare occasion NOT to have to pull an all-nighter before a term garment is due.  But tonight I am proud to say, “I sleep.”

Tags: , , ,