COFFEE……Lots of coffee

April 13, 2010 | By | Reply More

Lets start with that.  Where I last left off was at the brink of the weekend, warm pizza in hand and the final stretch ahead of me.  Today was D-DAY (part one)!  All the garments were due for the critic’s judging and the critic’s award. Hopefully one of the dress is chosen to move on to round two on Wednesday with the show judges.  The Cotton Inc dresses are kind of a shoe in, keeping in mind that they need to be constructed well.

I would like to give a shout out to my class!  YOU ALL DID A GREAT JOB AND I WISH US ALL THE BEST OF LUCK FOR WEDNESDAY!!!

So how did I get to this fine monday.  Well I spend I would say 95% of every waking moment from last wednesday to last night at 3am working on the my garments.

Total hours of sleep achieved in 5 nights: 22 ( not counting the 1.5hrs that I fell asleep while working in a chair)

Total# of pizza consumed:  3

Total# of  meltdowns: well at least 4 that I can think of (but dont tell anyone :)

Total garments ready for presentation: 3

Sleeping tonight………..Priceless!

Last night I was still sewing on the pleates that took eternity to do and had to alter my design because I did not have enough.  All those days pleating and still not enough.  Can you believe that!

There was a great deal of hand work that went into these peices.

Dress #1-The Marshmallow

-Piallettes all sewn on by hand, each petal is burned by me, and the waistband and eggplant bodice are hand sewn

Dress 1 Front

Dress 1 Front

Dress 1 Side

Dress 1 Side

Dress#2-Cotton Inc.

-ALL the fluting on the bodice is sew on by hand and the pleating is all hand pleated!

Dress 2 Front

Dress 2 Front

Dress 2 Straps

Dress 2 Straps

Dress 2 Train

Dress 2 Train

Dress 2 Back

Dress 2 Back

Dress#3-Moppy

-The whole skirt, all those little “feather pieces” all hand pleated

Dress 3 Front

Dress 3 Front

Dress 3 Skirt

Dress 3 Skirt

Dress 3 Side

Dress 3 Side

This morning, there was a small argument with me and one of the classroom forms. We only use one form but for presentations we have to hunt down and round up extra forms.  Hoping that one size 6 is the same as the other.  In my opinion that is like hoping that all brunette are alike.  I mean really. So of course one of the forms I had was giving me grief.  There was a tug of war and a re-fitting, but I made it work.

After all is steamed and in its place, the class left for and hour and a half while the critic and the professor narrowed down the 46 garments to one garment per person (some two if you did the cotton dress). As for me the Marshmesllow and the cotton dress are moving on to round 2.  There is one minor snag.  They don’t like my straps on the cotton dress, so those have to go for wednesday.

Awaiting Day two………will keep you posted.

Tags: