yarn donations, knitting parties and the computer operated Stoll machine.

March 18, 2010 | By | 4 Replies More

So I guess I’m trying out this new Flip Video thing we all got for this blog.  I’m having a lot of fun with it!  Here’s a couple of videos I took this past week…

embedded by Embedded Video

Last Tuesday our critic paid to deliver some donation yarns to our lab and we all got really excited and hoped that something in our colour story would be in the boxes!

embedded by Embedded Video

Last Thursday I popped into the other Knitwear class’s lab time (because I wanted to hang with my fave professor), and found some fellow knitwear students doing some hand knitting and crocheting.  This is me chitchatting with Kelly, Jen and Mel.

embedded by Embedded Video

YouTube Direkt

It’s difficult to fully-fashion a jacquard fabric nicely so I opted to knit yard goods of my jacquard fabric and cut-and-sew them instead.  Here I notice that my fabric has some holes in it because of a combination of too-tight tension and too much take down force.  I ended up having to re-knit the whole piece… but maybe I’ll use this piece to make myself a skirt!

Tags:

Comments (4)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Donna Lehmann says:

I love these videos! Gianormous knitting needles and the chunkiest yarn I’ve ever seen!

2. Norma says:

Those big blue knitting needles look kinda dangerous.

3. Dani says:

well you should see the SHOWER CURTAIN RODS (yes, i mean actual shower curtain rods) that my other friend is knitting with! i’ll post a picture!

4. emt training says:

Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!