Leotard Project- Body Contour

I have not posted in a while because my internet has been acting up and going incredibly slow.  Anyways, a couple of weeks ago we completed our first draping assignment, the leotard.  Our draping class this semester is called body contour and focuses on working with cut and sew jersey knits.  All of the fabric is provided to us by the Politecnico, but it is not always the greatest colors.  For this project we were given pink and purple bi-stretch jersey.  I did not personally love the colors so I took it as an opportunity to experiment with dye!  Here are the results....

A group of our classes Leotards- we had no restrictions on this project and thus were able to be entirely creative!

Everyone's turned out so unique and creative

This is mine.  With the dye I was able to get a beautiful deep purple.

I used corset style detailing to add shape to the leotard.  I used the Zig-Zag stitch to add feminine details.

I also played with ruffles and used a pearl finishing to add extra volume to the ruffles.

This is Yoshi's Leotard.  It was my favorite out of the class! So adorable how she placed the hearts in contrasting colors.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>