Spring in FlorenceFIT in Florence

FIT in Florence

Spring in Florence

| 0 comments

Spring has sprung in Florence.  And along with it have arrived not only the flowers, the scorching hot Tuscan sun, but also the many different art exhibitions.  I’ll admit that I have been slouching a little these past few months here, telling myself that I’ll get out of bed and explore the museums of Florence when the weather, finally, becomes more bearable.  Thus after what felt like years of perpetual rain and unexpected snow falls, I was ready to leave the comfort of my house as soon as the sun made its grand appearance.

The first exhibition that had been on the top of my bucket list for a little while was the Monet experience.  Located inside the auditorium of Santo Stefano al Ponte, the exhibition began with a visual 3D introduction of some of Monet’s best known paintings such as the Woman with a Parasol, Poppies, and the Japanese Footbridge.  It was then followed by a digital exposition of further works, inspirations, and personal relationships.  It was both beautifully curated and presented and runs until May 1st so if you find yourself roaming the streets of Florence with nothing to do, this might be the activity just for you!

Spring is also the best time to hit the Giardino di Boboli as we all study abroaders in Florence might know.  But besides trotting the massive garden that inspired the Jardins du Versailles, I also had the chance to stop by another romantic garden in Florence – Giardino Bardini.  Much smaller in size but equally as charming.  The grand views of the Duomo are unbeatable.

Lastly, did you know that Cinque Terre is only 2.5 hours away from Florence by train? (Really not bad!) Some visitors might say that it takes up to a weekend to discover the different small towns in Cinque Terre (five in total – hence the name) but a day trip can be feasible when staying only in one main destination – Monterosso al Mare.  And if you’re ambitious, you could check off the other villages from your list! Wherever you might choose to visit in Cinque Terre, expect nothing but sun, blue-as-can-be Mediterranean waters, pastel color houses, and steps… lots of steps.

I hope you are having a lovely spring time wherever you are in the world.

Ci vediamo!