It’s Not Goodbye, Part 2…FIT in Florence

FIT in Florence

It’s Not Goodbye, Part 2…

| 0 comments

Nearly 272 days ago I embarked on the journey of a lifetime, one that has undoubtedly changed my life for the better and has opened my eyes to see the world and all that it has to offer. And nearly four months ago, I wrote you a post titled, “It’s Not Goodbye.” As I sit here once again at the end of a semester here in Florence, I cannot put into words how grateful I am for having this experience and being able to share it with all of you reading. If I have reached out to just one person who is thinking about studying abroad, will be studying abroad, or is planning to in the future, then my job is complete.

Although my days in my beloved Firenze are numbered, I am certain that once again, this is not goodbye and just a mere “a dopo”, or “see you later!” My second semester seemed to fly by even quicker (if that’s possible) and once again, brought me more memories and experiences that I will surely cherish forever!

So, here’s to all of the memories that made me laugh, cry, a better person, and allowed me to appreciate this beautiful world some of us are lucky enough to explore.

For one last time, here are my Five Firenze memories…

Five Firenze Memories
Venice Carnevale

As part of a Florence Abroad Student Activities Club (FASA) event, we went to Venice Carnevale at the beginning of the semester and it certainly set the scene for the semester ahead. Even though that was my third time going to Venice at that point, I still think of it as a point where all the year and spring students could merge together. Also, there was something truly spectacular about being able to attend Carnevale (and wear our handmade masks we created back in November!)

Milan and Como

Our semester 5-day long academic trip to Milan and Lake Como was eventful. Once again, it was one of the first times all the year and spring students could merge together, since having different class schedules could prevent us all from seeing each other. We had some great visits including a trip to see the Manolo Blahnik exhibit, Armani Silos exhibit, and the White Trade Show. We also had an exciting visit to Lake Como, where we tried our best to have a George Clooney sighting, but also got to visit a silk factory.

Fiorentina Soccer Game

This semester we were able to attend yet another event right here in Florence. For another FASA event, in mid-March we went to the Fiorentina v. Cagliari game. It was a fun match to watch, especially since this time Fiorentina scored in the last minute of the game! So by a margin of 1-0, the home team won and the crowd went crazy.

FD Final Exhibition

The Fashion Design Year 2 students have worked so hard all year to prepare for their final exhibition, which is located at the Stibbert Museum here in Florence. Their final garments and portfolios are displayed, with the addition of Fashion Design 1 and History of Western Costume. This year’s theme was Imaginific, which was based on a inspiration between dreams and reality. Special guest Mr. James Ferragamo attended the ceremony and all the students work was amazing! It is a true honor to be amongst such talent and creativity.

End of Year Dinner

The End of Year Dinner was held at Obicà Mozarella and it was so surreal to say our goodbyes to those friends and professors we have made over the past semester or year. We also received our amazing Yearbook created by our co-editors Aria and Nyna. It was a great night to end what has been an incredible year abroad!

There is so much to be said how this experience has changed my life and it seems surreal that is has come and gone so quickly. A huge thank you to my family and friends who have always supported my dreams 100%. I so look forward to my next adventure. And to everyone at FIT in Florence…Grazie mille for making my abroad experience what it was. I look forward to making more memories with you all in New York! And lastly, to you all for reading. It has been a pleasure blogging for you and capturing all these experiences. I will say Ciao for now, but I have confidence that we will all see each other again one day.

Con tanto amore,

Allie