2015 BloggersFIT in Florence

FIT in Florence

2015 Bloggers

may

Hi! My name is May, and I will be spending my junior year abroad in Florence as a Fashion Business Management student! I was born and raised in Burma—a beautiful country also known as Myanmar. When I was 12 years old, I immigrated to New York City and have been roaming around the five boroughs ever since. I am petite in size but I have a huge appetite for knowledge, sweet potato fries, world peace, and shoes! I look forward to learning and living in Italy and I am excited to share my journey abroad with you!

Read May’s Posts

rose

Hello! My name is Rose and I am a second year Fashion Design major studying in Florence for the full academic year. I grew up in Maplewood, NJ and now live in Hoboken and I’ve always loved to travel, so I plan to explore as much of Europe as I can while studying abroad.

I absolutely love all aspects of classical Hollywood and I often draw design inspiration from different types of art history including fashion, film, and architecture. Along with the historic locations I hope to visit in Florence, I know that I will be spending the little downtime I have reading in a cafe or looking through vintage shops, so I will post about my personal favorite places in the city as well as the bigger attractions I visit and the events arranged through the school.

I can hardly wait for this amazing adventure to begin and I hope that you enjoy my posts as I share every step of the journey with you. Hopefully this blog will show you what a beautiful place Florence is and how much it has to offer for those of us who love to travel and improve artistically through experiencing new cultures.

Read Rose’s Posts

stephanie

Ciao! My name is Stephanie and I am a Fashion Design major. I am originally from Canada, but I grew up just outside of Portland, Oregon. I spent my childhood camping, boating, and traveling back and forth to Canada to visit family. I have spent the last three years working in retail and with local designers in Portland. I am so excited to now be studying in Florence! I am eager to really learn about the Italian culture and be a local instead of tourist. Also I hope to speak decent Italian by the time I leave in May.

Read Stephanie’s Posts