1. Italian drivers will not slow down when they see a pedestrian at the cross walk. In fact, they might speed up in hopes that they’ll beat the pedestrian to the crosswalk so they won’t need to slow down.
2. Food is not much more expensive than it is in the States. And if it is more expensive, the quality of it totally makes up for it.
3. I really didn’t need to worry about not finding an apartment or roommates.
4. The coffee here is incredible. I will probably hate Starbucks once I get home.
5. There is no such thing as free water.
6. Italian women are beautiful. They’ll be riding bikes in flowing floral dresses with perfectly toned and tan legs in four in heels. And do it gracefully.
7. There is no such thing as Netflix or Hulu or Pandora.
8. The weather here is just like my hometown. Super sunny one moment, pouring rain the next. Invest in a good pair of rain boots.
9. To say that Italy is beyond indescribably beautiful is an absolute understatement
10. People back home will love you no matter what. Thank goodness for Skype and Facebook international calling cards.