Our Design Entrepreneurs are continuing to do great things in 2013. Whether it’s launching a new collection, giving styling advice or getting the best names to attend their shows, they are certainly being noticed. Here are a few clippings from Suzanne Rae, Marlon Gobel and Shirley Ephraim Fine Earth Jewelry.
Looking to take your fashion business to the next level and need the tools and knowledge to help you run your day-to-day operations while you grow your brand? If so, we encourage you to apply to Design Entrepreneurs NYC. In its second year, our free “mini-MBA” program brought to you by FIT and the NYCEDC will consist of 35 designers for its 2013 class.
Designers selected into the program will participate in weekend intensive seminars from industry leaders on topics such as operations, marketing, financials and other brand building topics. Participants will be paired with a mentor and will use the summer months to work on their business plan. Those that complete the program will also have the opportunity to pitch to a panel of influential industry leaders.
Here’s our criteria for eligibility:
- Must be a NYC-based (all 5 boroughs welcome) fashion designer
- Have a NYC-based fashion design business including: womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, and/or accessories
- Be committed to attending all mandatory events (e.g. kick-off, weekend intensives, presentation skills workshop, closing events)
- Have been in business for at least one year
- Have demonstrated traction in the industry (e.g. press coverage, sales, etc.)
The deadline to apply is March 31 at midnight. Learn more about the program at Design Entrepreneurs NYC.