In Jessica Wynne’s photography class, illustration students “step back, loosen up and drop the pencils”

Illustration major Enrique Page tells of a special experience studying photography this semester:

“Photography is one of the most interesting classes an illustrator can take. We can relax and take a step back, loosen up, drop the pencils, and just think of how we want the subject to look.

Photo by Enrique Page

(Although untitled, Page refers to his photograph above as “The First Self Portrait.” It was part of a class project on self-portraits.)

“Photography is all about telling a story through composition and through the details. During the semester, I focused on experimenting. Prof. Wynne showed inspiring artwork for each different assignment, which often had a strong impact in the corresponding homework assignments. She was always very kind to me, and willing to help me when I needed it. I’m very glad I was taught by someone with such a sharp eye.

“I learned a lot and I loved the class. It might have just been my favorite class this semester.  I hope we can still be in contact cause she’s the most awesome professor I’ve had.”