Since we are approaching our fall tuition deadline I decided to write (more like copy some info from the FIT website, which lets face it, students barely read) a post about the payment options and resources FIT offers. For those of you who JUST realized the deadline is coming up soon and have no idea when that is I’m here to save your day, and your wallet (you can thank me later).
- Degree Students: Fall Semester is due August 4, 2014 or at time of registration after August 4, 2014.
- Non-degree Students in credit-bearing courses: Fall Semester is due August 4, 2014 or at time of registration after August 4, 2014.
- Non-degree Students in non-credit bearing courses: You must pay all tuition and fees in full at time of registration for all semester.
For those of you who are new to the system or are not sure how to pay FIT allows you to pay your bill online (which I prefer because it is easy, convenient and paperless aka GREEN), by wire transfer, by mail, or in person. Our online system is on the Student Tab of MyFIT under Online Resources: Pay Student Account & View E-Bill. This link leads you to our Bill+Payment Suite that have the following services:
- convenient, secure online billing, statements, and payments
- monthly payment plans
- e-refund program that directly deposits refunds to your checking or savings account (this is pretty amazing specially when it’s unexpected!)
- text messages alerting you to payment due dates (if you rarely check your account or email)
- third party payment, which allows parents to receive emails for payment due dates and access to student accounts (my mom has access but she conveniently always forgets the password and makes me be on top of my game, haha she calls it grown up responsibilities).
If you have any further questions and are in NYC you can go directly to The Bursar’s Office on campus: Business and Liberal Arts Center, Room # 127 or if you are far away like me you can email them at email@example.com.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. –Benjamin Franklin