This past weekend could NOT have been better! Thanks to Cosmo’s Fun Fearless Life Conference I’m psyched about graduation and starting my own journey (as opposed to s*i*t*i*n* my pants, pardon mon francais). My friend the CEO of Streben Marketing got us press passes to cover the event as Dominican Press (say what?! and thats why you need entrepreneur friends). Little did I know, this was going to be quite frankly MIND BLOWING. I could proceed to write about the entire event, but it is one of those things you have to live to believe (sorry, NOT so sorry lol).
Wise words from the incredible speakers of this event (they are too much to list but click here for the entire schedule and click on their names for more info and inspiring videos).
Joanna Coles, Editor-in-Chief of Cosmopolitan Magazine:
When we don’t see the opportunities, we must create them.
Sara Blakely, CEO Spanx
The best revenge is your own success.
Jason Silva, Futurist Filmmaker
Some other ideas I jotted down without speaker credits (bravo Sadé), but which I must share with you nonetheless:
- Play your own game, be the best you can be.
- Who you know, is what you know.
- The downside to sameness is that we limit ourselves.
- Own your own ambition.
- Never settle.
- Great things are happening now.
- Find your inner mentor.
- Commit to pursuing your passion.
- Vaginas don’t come with an owners manual, get informed.
- We talk about everything, sex, drugs, stretch marks, WHY not money?
- Get noticed for the right reasons.
- Happiness is from within, not from without.
- Projection is perception.
- My presence is my power.
Amy Cuddy, Social Psychologist
Don’t fake it until you make it; fake it until you become it.
Jillian Michaels, Personal Trainer
Kelly Osbourne, TV Personality
Wake up and learn to love yourself, because you are not going to wake up and be someone else. Fucking love yourself.