Did you know that FIT has a leading career and internship center with a team of experienced counselors, knowledgeable and friendly support staff that offer a range of services that help students and alumni succeed in the industry, match students and graduates with jobs and internships that suit their interests, abilities, and goals, and bring employers together with prospective employees?
According to the CIC, as a student of the Fashion Institute of Technology, you have access to the center that will ultimately open doors for you in the industry. Counselors have expertise in industry and the rapidly changing job market not only help in finding the right job or internship, they provide career-planning skills needed throughout life. Whether it’s a first job, professional advancement, or a new career direction.
Students have many options using the CIC, including, but not limited to:
- self-assessment to identify your interests, personality traits, and life and career goals
- resume development
- job search
- online job bank
- internship preparation and placement
- career counseling and advising
And as Alumni:
- lifetime job search support
- online database with job listings updated daily
- individual assistance from an FIT career counselor
As the end of my second semester at FIT approaches, I’m getting ready to dive into an internship search that will hopefully lead to a career with the help of the CIC! The CIC also e-mails students of on-campus interviews that many companies will do!
Be sure to contact the CIC for any detailed information, take control of your future success!
Business and Liberal Arts Center, B202
212 217.3001 (fax)
Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm*
* Hours are subject to change during summer and winter breaks. FIT is closed during holidays. See Academic Calendar for dates when the college will be closed.