The start of the new semester is right around the corner! Even though I am a senior, I still get nervous about the start of a new semester, but there are some tips and tricks that I use to help ease myself when entering a new chapter of the year.
- Write down your goals. There is something to be said about putting pen to paper and having that list hold you accountable.
- Purchase a planner and write down all of the relevant dates seen on FIT’s academic calendar. Having a planner allows you to stay organized and focused on the days to come and not overbook or overwork yourself.
- Visualize yourself in class to put you at ease. You already have at least one semester under your belt, so you know how your classes will typically operate.
- Email your professors over break. While you may not get a 24 hour response time, it is a good idea to check in with them to see if you will need to purchase the textbook in advance, that you’re looking forward to their class, and if there are any additional supplies or materials.
- Schedule something fun with your friends at the end of the first week of classes. Having an event to look forward to can help keep your mood and outlook positive!
Best of luck with the start of the new semester!