As you know, New York is known for many things, including its food. Within the NY food scene, you have your specialty bakeries and pizza joints, but there is something so unique about the New York brunch scene. It is a big weekend event, the end all, be all of food pictures and the ultimate dining experience. I’m here to give you the top brunch places in the city:
- The very talked about restaurant from Gossip Girl doesn’t disappoint. While the food can be a little pricey, it surely does not disappoint. With many locations throughout the city, you’d think you wouldn’t have to wait too long, but make sure you give yourself enough time to wait for a table.
- Must try: Classic Eggs Benedict
- Egg Shop – 151 Elizabeth St.
- If you are all about eggs, this is the place to go. The options are seriously endless and you’ll become a frequent visitor. There’s really no bad time to have anything egg related especially if it’s in the form of Egg Shop’s Spandex Bowl or Reformer Sandwich
- Must try: Scrambler Bowl
- Alice’s Tea Cup
- Attention all pastry and tea enthusiasts, this is the place for you. From the MASSIVE scones to the pots of tea and decorations, this is every child’s dream restaurant. There can often be a wait since the locations are fairly small, however you can always take a scone to go!
- Must try: Alice’s Curious French Toast
- Pies ‘n’ Thighs
- With 2 locations located in the Lower East Side and Williamsburg and a name like Pies ‘n’ Thighs, how can you resist this place? While they are known for their desserts and chicken buckets, this place is an ideal restaurant for the group of friends that can never agree on where to eat. There’s something for everyone.
- Must try: Brunch Special – Chicken Fried Steak-n-Eggs
- This famous restaurant located right near the Highline dishes up some of the best brunch food around. It’s a perfect place for a large group because of all of the options and for a beautiful stroll along the Highline after you inhale everything that Cookshop has to offer.
- Must try: Baked French Toast Griddle
I hope you can find time to treat yourself to some of these spots before winter break is upon us!