As a student leader, I cannot express how rewarding it is to serve the FIT community and positively create opportunities and change for students of all walks of life. Whether a prospective student or a current student, I believe getting involved on campus as a leader will give you the skills you need to become a successful business professional, scholarly student and a better person as a whole.
The overall vision of the Leadership Ambassador (LA) team of paraprofessionals is to work with the Counselor for Leadership Programs in the Department of Student Life to create intentional opportunities for students to learn what it means to lead at FIT and in their community. Students with limited involvement seeking to get more involved are encouraged to apply, as well as students who have demonstrated a commitment to student leadership who would like to share their knowledge with their peers.
Some of the duties of a Leadership Ambassador include:
- Assist with facilitating leadership education trainings and presentations as ambassadors of the Department of Student Life as needed.
- Serve as Student Facilitators on Leadership Weekends (occurs in September and February).
- Complete a leadership project based on personal interests in the New York City community and present to college.
- Assist in the development of leadership events, service-learning initiatives, and civic engagement opportunities.
- Advance communication and marketing efforts for Leadership Programs. This may include the use of social media, websites, promotional tables, and personal communication.
- Assist in the recruitment of future Leadership Ambassadors.
- Report to the Counselor for Leadership Programs in the Department of Student Life at FIT, and attend all trainings, events, and meetings related to the position.
- Support administrative tasks and planning for leadership programs.
It is important to note that the following requirements:
- Must have a cumulative college GPA of 3.0.
- Must be in good standing in FIT Student Conduct System.
- Must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program at FIT for the duration of the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Prior attendance at a Leadership Weekend and at least two (2) Leadership Workshops in 2016-2017.
Go get em’, Tigers!