The final weeks of the semester can be daunting, but there are common things that we have to do before we head home for the holidays! These sort of tasks may only take a few seconds but it’s crucial to make sure that you are good to go.
- Return your textbooks. You may think that this is common knowledge, but there have been people who have flown home and forgotten that they didn’t return a book. Set a reminder in your phone and consider it the most rewarding post finals treat to yourself.
- Check out of the dorms/apartment. If you are in the dorms, your RA will walk you through what you need to do to ensure that you are accounted for. If you are living in an apartment and going to be gone for the new year, make sure that you pay your rent early to avoid any crazy stress. If it’s automatically taken out of your account, you’re good to go.
- Clean your dorm/apartment. Whether you’re going to be gone for 2 weeks or 6 weeks, your place can collect all types of nastiness, so scrub and mop to prolong the dust from collecting.
- Clean out your fridge. This is self explanatory but let’s not return back to an apartment with an odor.
- Pay your tuition. Tuition for next semester isn’t due until January 4th, but the sooner you turn it in, the sooner you can cross it off your to-do list.
- Soak it all in. Another semester accomplished, another semester down. Congratulations! One step closer to graduation! Be proud of yourself!