While we have definitely had a mild winter, there are many days where we just don’t want to leave our rooms because of the brisk wind outside. As a result of staying in for the night, sometimes we are at a complete loss of what to do. I’m here to help! Here are some of my favorite ways to stay in during the cold winter months:
- Movie Night – this may be self-explanatory but I highly recommend getting all of your friends together and putting on a classic film that you all loved from when you were 12. It may be incredibly cheesy, but nothing beats cozying up in bed and spending time with your friends.
- Home cooked Dinner & Baking – whip out Pinterest on this one and pull up all of the yummy desserts and dinners that you have itching at the chance to try! Go grocery shopping with your roommates prior to the evening and split the shopping between dinner and dessert. Bonus points if you add in a movie night too!
- Friend Potluck – You are most likely going to be hanging out with your friends and roommates anyways, so why not make it fun and have everyone bring a food with them to your room. It can be a themed dessert night depending on what show you are going to watch or just fun appetizers! Just make sure that no one has any allergies
- Relaxation – Before you know it, midterms and finals will be here and all you want is to relax and crawl into bed, but you won’t be able to. Take advantage of the time now and spend the night treating yourself to a face mask, some refreshing fruit, and an early bedtime.
- Game Night – You can easily find someone who owns Cards Against Humanity…a classic college staple. Gather up your friends or people on your floor and see if anyone can teach you all how to play a new game!
Stay warm and enjoy yourself!