Almost every semester now I have taken a summer class, although they have only been online they really instilled a good work ethic in me. My personal advice is if you can take summer classes’ online do it, best decision I made. If you want to travel and work you have more flexibility to do so. This summer session I am taking two classes, one online and one at the college. So here are a few things I do to prepare myself:
- Get an agenda, keep everything super organized.
- Get to know your professor, summer classes go quickly and are a full class packed into a few weeks, so you never know when you will need help.
- Only take 1-2 classes per summer session, it is a lot to take in.
- Check when your class starts, usually it’s only a short period of time after your semester ends.
- Register to classes early, summer gets full quickly.
- Don’t wait till the last minute.
- Don’t try to write your papers or assignments at the beach, bringing your laptop or wok isn’t always the smartest idea.
- Take a bunch of classes at different colleges to try and get the most of your summer classes, trust me stick to one to two.
- Don’t wait till your semester ends to register, most people do this in case they fail they have a backup but always register as soon as you are allowed.
Do you have any tips for summer classes? Do you prefer online or in class? Let me know!