Looking back on this semester, it truly flew by, but now the time is finally here…FINALS WEEK! While some people absolutely dread it, I kind of enjoy it, but only because I plan ahead (and find joy in planning ahead). As an art and design major, a lot of our finals are final projects, which means the earlier you get your final project done, the sooner you can check that class off your to-do list! Isn’t that a beautiful thing? Here are my top strategies to getting ahead on your final projects and papers:
- Write out a list of all the remaining assignments and projects that you have left for each of your classes
- Take that list and set dates that you would like each assignment to be completed by
- Make a schedule of when you’re going to work on each assignment
- Put your phone on the other side of the room, but with the volume on. If someone needs to reach you, you’ll know…otherwise you’ll be too tempted to check it every 5 minutes.
- Be in touch with your professor to confirm that the guidelines for the assignments haven’t changed. There’s nothing worse than completing an assignment and putting in your all, only to have the professor change the guidelines completely.
- Plan incentives/rewards for yourself once you finish each project. Whether it’s a snack or a nap (my two choices), it helps to motivate you.
- Rejoice in the fact that you have finished a semester!
Best of luck!