Academic Minor Fair

Hello Everyone,

Did you know that FIT has 25 different minors to choose from? Most classes a student has to take will revolve around major related courses; minoring is the perfect opportunity to specialize in another interest or something that is related to major-level work. It is even possible to declare a double minor! In order to declare a minor, you must take five related courses that count as a credit under the minor of choice. With maintaining a 2.0 GPA or higher, anyone is able to add a minor.

As an Illustration major, art history was the perfect minor choice for me. My major required credits in art history, so many of the classes I took counted toward my minor. Not only was I able to declare a minor, but I was able to explore courses that branched outside of my major and peaked my interest. Art history has always been a subject I have loved learning about, so I was so grateful to have the opportunity to declare it as a minor and make it part of my education.

Wednesday, March 14th in the Feldman Center Lobby from 12pm-2pm, there will be an Academic Minor Fair. Here coordinators can speak with you to discuss options that work with your interests and major. Be sure to check it out to see if declaring a minor could be the right choice for you!

Best,
Annmarie x