Happy Friendsgiving!

Hello there!

So last year I wrote a post all about different ideas you could do for Friendsgiving. This year I thought I would switch it up and talk about what I’m planning on doing during the thanksgiving holidays. And maybe who knows might give you some inspiration to do the same.

This year I decided to go away, but like most of us I didn’t want to spend a lot. My friend and I wanted to pick a place that was not too close from Manhattan, but not too far either. We came to the conclusion that Washington D.C. would be a great idea. I’ve never been to Washington D.C., and researching more about it, there was a list of things to do. Washington has some of the best museums and it’s literally only a 4 hour bus ride from Manhattan. In total we spend $64 for the bus ticket, and picked a hostel right in the center and paid $29. Honestly, I was shocked that I paid under $100 to go to Washington (for some reason it felt so much further) and stay over night. This would never be the case where I live, the train ticket in itself would be more than $100. Anyways, if you are feeling a little homesick, or need a little break from school and the city, I would highly suggest taking a short one day or two day trip to a city close by. For example, a few weeks ago I went to Philadelphia by bus for really cheap and it was amazing. I feel so closed off living here in New York, it feels like the center of the world and I forget that there are cities so close, that are incredible too.

Happy Thanksgiving!

xoxo

-Z