Bowery Ballroom & Irving Plaza Review

It has been months since I have gone to a concert, and I am so incredibly glad that I have finally broken that drought. Recently, K. Flay, one of my favorite musicians ever, had a show at the Bowery Ballroom.

The Bowery Ballroom is an amazing venue, with tickets averaging out to $22 (after the processing fee!) it makes concerts much more budget friendly, and with a walk under 10 minutes from the N or the Q, it is easy to get to. Sold out shows are never painfully packed, and for someone who hates mosh-pits, this is a welcomed relief. No matter where you stand, you are practically guaranteed a great view, and with an amazing light show every night, the only thing that changes is the artist, which they have an amazing taste for. From pop artist like The Griswolds, to indie hip-hop like K. Flay, to a much more retro sounding Tennis, the Bowery Ballroom has an amazing line-up no matter when you go.

Photo courtesy: Katie Rich @richlkatie

This last Friday I was lucky enough to snag tickets for Hippo Campus at the Irving Plaza, and I can say without a doubt that it was the best concert I’ve ever been to.

Tickets at Irving Plaza are a bit more expensive, coming out around $40, but the extra money is worth it. Located right next to Union Square, Irving Plaza is a much bigger venue than Bowery Ballroom, meaning there will be a lot more energy from the crowd and it will feel much more like an actual concert rather than a gig. The stage is larger so the bands have a larger set up and the standing room for the audience goes much farther back and has a second floor where the bar is located. You have to get there a bit earlier to get a good spot, but besides that there’s really no negatives about the venue.

With countless concerts out there in NY, there is a lot to experience, but I hope this will put these venues on the map for you!