LADY GAGA / JOANNE

If you know me, you know that I love Lady Gaga… On October 21st, the world was given a gift, greater than the invention of sliced bread, Joanne. Lady Gaga is the last person you’d want to go down the pared-down, real-me, let’s-get-a-bit-country. After all, the abstract is where Lady Gaga’s from.

mtqymzy2njezndc0mti0otay

She is one of my biggest inspirations, and I’m so thankful for her artistry that never fails to heal and bring the world together.

joannejoannewithmeWith big songs and big production, Joanne certainly sounds like the business. Yet while its modernity is expressed by mixing and matching genres or adding digital zing to familiar tropes, for all its bravura exuberance and pop slickness it is old fashioned to its core.When you go to extremes of image, decking yourself out in meat dresses and lobster hats, perhaps the boldest makeover left is to actually take off the mask and appear as yourself. Lady Gaga, it turns out, is an old-fashioned rock and roll showgirl at heart.

So get out there, put on your pink “Joanne” hats on, and get to listening to Gaga’s new album!

Thank you LG,

xoxo, Joanne / Mariano