Stay Healthy!

Hello there! Hope you all had a great week. Just wanted to give you guys a few easy tips to keep in mind when your at school, because everyone knows how easy it is to get into bad habits.

1. Walk to class. If you live not too far from school, walk to class. Instead of taking the elevator, take the stairs. Those are some easy tips to staying active, since in class your sitting down most of the time. Find easy ways for you to stay active, whatever it is.
  2. Drink Water (a lot). Hydration is key! Always carry a water bottle with you to class, it’s a great way of staying hydrated and awake during class.
  3. Get enough sleep. This is really important. This week I’ve been going really late to bed, and I’ve noticed how unfocused I was in class. Getting enough sleep helps your learning and memory.
  4. Healthy snacks instead of junk food. It’s so easy to get distracted by these vending machines. If your someone who knows you’ll get hungry, try bringing your own snacks, so you don’t get tempted by junk food.
  5. Have breakfast. Don’t starve yourself. Eat breakfast to start your metabolism. It helps helps you stay energized and focused. If you go to class with an empty stomach, trust me that’s the only thing that will be on your mind.
  6. Don’t overdo coffee. I know I fall into that category. When I’m in school I just forget about how much coffee I’ve had. It almost becomes a ritual before every class I need a cup of coffee, to help me concentrate. But that just isn’t the case. The more coffee you drink the less effect it has on your body. Try to keep you coffee intake at a reasonable amount.

xoxo

-Z