Senior Spotlight: Lara Tabak, Inaugural Infor/FIT Fashion Design ICONS Award

laura

In total awe of Lara Tabak, an FIT senior majoring in Fashion Design, who recently won the first ever Inaugural Infor/FIT Fashion Design ICONS Award! This past Friday, she joined designers and celebrities at the Harper’s Bazaar ICONS celebration held at The Plaza. Infor, a leading provider of cloud software for the fashion industry, is in its third year of partnership with the ICONS event.

In addition to walking the red carpet at the event with Kristen Ingersoll, Hearst Magazine International’s Fashion/Entertainment Editor, who wore the butterfly-inspired red carpet gown Tabak designed, she also won $10,000 in scholarship money. This was the inaugural year for the Infor/FIT Fashion Design ICONS Award, which was launched to the foster the next generation of leaders in fashion design.

“The more I learn, the more I feel that there is to learn and I am in the right place for it,” Tabak said. “I am grateful to FIT and my professors who have taught me so much and have helped to prepare me for the incredible opportunity I have been given by Infor and Harper’s Bazaar. The collaboration with such a historical and impressive publication along with a creative and innovative technology company affords me a fabulous welcome into the modern fashion industry.”

Way to go, Lara! Such an inspiration to all FIT students. If you work hard enough, great things really do have a way of finding you. Keep doing incredible things — we’ll be rooting for you every step of the way.

Melinda

One reply on “Senior Spotlight: Lara Tabak, Inaugural Infor/FIT Fashion Design ICONS Award”